Get ideas & inspirations delivered to your inbox. You won't want to miss a thing, so subscribe free to the Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates on the latest projects, shop news, blog tutorials & more. Check out the Project Gallery, Garden, Eat & Inspirations tabs above, to see what you have missed. Browse through the sidebar for this week's Popular Posts!
**Please note: Some links may be broken, if this happens, please search for the title of a post on the search tab on the right while I work on fixing the problem.---->

They Sold my Domain


DSC_0355 (1)
What a headache, heartache and frustration I've had.  My domain was sold by GoDaddy and I can't believe it! Not my decision and I was not notified.  I have gone back to the original blogspot domain for now and I am contemplating on what steps to take next.  So many social media sites direct photos and post to the old domain: www.inspirationsbyd.com.  It makes me sick at the thought that I lost so many readers due to that change.  If Barbie is reading this, I should have listened to you and gone with Wordpress.  Google was of no help either, sigh!

What to do, what to do now.  Shall I continue with the blogspot, change the .com to .org or .net or move my site all together to a whole new host?  Dear readers if you can make me feel a little better, please share your thoughts if you have had similar experiences.

My current domain is : www.inspirationsbyd.blogspot.com please make note of that.

8 comments :

  1. Oh my gosh, I am so sorry this has happened to you. I am shocked that GoDaddy would have done that. I have been with GoDaddy all of my tenure of blogging without any issues. Did your domain expire when they sold it? Can you contact the person who bought it and plea they release it? I have no words of wisdom or you, but will pray. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they did not even contact me or anything. I have lost many readers due to that and there is no redirection.

      Delete
  2. oh my gosh! horrible!! I just renewed my payment info on godaddy so I wouldn't lapse...so sorry for you! and I HOPING it never happens to me!! so so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing is that I made my payment on time and they still closed it. They never sent me notice of any kind. I don't get it.

      Delete
  3. OMG what a nightmare! I can't believe that neither GoDaddy nor Google could (or would) help you. I wish I had a kernel of wisdom for you but I have no idea how to help. *hugs* and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Google no longer provides a contact for help unless you are affiliated with Education, Business and some other party. Go Daddy didn't even bother to send me an email or anything even thought I did make my payment. I am requesting a refund.

      Delete
  4. I sure hope you are feeling better Dalia...this is just awful.

    I hope you had a Happy Mother's Day!
    Xo
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanne. Slowly getting over it, but still so disappointing; lost so much traffic to the blog. Makes me not want to continue after all that work, & for nothing.

      Delete

Thank you for adding your thoughts. I read all of your comments and I reply to all one way or another, mostly by email or on your blog. You brighten up my day & for that I thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover