This recipe is slightly different than other chicken Parmesans out there, it has less
sauce and a bit crispier. When I made this recipe for the first time, my little family
I will be sharing the recipe with you today, and hope that you like it as well.
First let me give you a list of what you need to make this dish:
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups of bread crumbs or panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 or more tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of oil for frying
- 1/2 cup of prepared tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup of fresh chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 grated Parmesan cheese
- box of spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon garlic butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place chicken breast into a large zip-lock bag, on a flat level surface, firmly pound chicken with a meat mallet to a thickness of 1/2 inch. Season chicken thoroughly with salt and pepper.
- Beat eggs in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Mix bread crumbs with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Lightly coat chicken breasts with flour coating both sides.
- Dip flour coated chicken in the beaten eggs, then transfer breasts to bread crumbs and coat both sides thoroughly. Repeat for each breast. Set aside breaded chicken breasts for about 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 cup oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat until it begins to shimmer. Cook chicken until golden, about 2 minutes on each side. The chicken will finish cooking in the oven.
- Place fried chicken in a baking dish and top with 1/3 tomato sauce. Layer each breast with evenly with mozzarella cheese, basil, Parmesan cheese and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is bubbly and chicken is no longer pink inside, about 15- 20 minutes. A thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F.
- Boil spaghetti according to box instructions, add teaspoon of salt.
- Drain when done. Place in a bowl and add garlic butter, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Mix and serve with the Chicken Parmesan.
Recipe courtesy of All Recipes with adjustments.