Get ideas & inspirations delivered to your inbox. You won't want to miss a thing, so subscribe free to the Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates on the latest projects, shop news, blog tutorials & more. Check out the Project Gallery, Garden, Eat & Inspirations tabs above, to see what you have missed. Browse through the sidebar for this week's Popular Posts!
**Please note: Some links may be broken, if this happens, please search for the title of a post on the search tab on the right while I work on fixing the problem.---->

How to Make a Burlap Pin Board

How to Make a Burlap Pin Board

Hello friends, how are you today? I hope that you are well
because I want to share my latest creation with you in the hope to inspire you.

I wanted to have a pin board in the home office for quite sometime
to keep my random papers and notes in one place, 
but I couldn't find anything online that was affordable.  
I was inspired to create my own by this photo and an old Pottery Barn catalog.

I loved the one featured in that picture, 
but I had already purchased my burlap fabric and decided
to go with it instead of that lighter linen fabric in the photo,
which by the way would look beautiful just for pinning photos of your loved ones.


I gathered my materials which included:

Burlap fabric (one yard) $2
Corkboard $ 8
Scissors
Packing tape
Push pins
Furniture nails $5 for 4 packs
Spray adhesive (optional)


I draped the fabric over the cork board to measure the amount that 
I would need to cover the board. 
I left an extra 2 1/2 inches to overhang toward the back of the board.
I sprayed the cork board with adhesive and pressed the fabric over it.


I folded the seems to give it a clean look in the back and
I stapled the remaining 2 1/2 inches on the back tightly to secure it. 
Then I pinned down the burlap with thumb nails to hold it steady in place for nailing.


I started nailing the furniture nails along the edge of the board about an inch apart.  
You may use a mallet for nailing the pins, 
I just pressed them down with my fingers along the edge of the cork board, 
not on the frame itself, although that is an option that you may consider.


I used 4 boxes of nickel plated furniture nails which contain 25 nails a piece, 
that's 100 nails, and I was left with about 5 extra nails.


Once I was finished applying the furniture nails, it was ready for hanging.
The board came with hanging hardware so it was easy to install.


I am very pleased with the new look of my pin board.  

Not too bad for $15 project. 
burlap pinboard
Create your very own with your desired fabric and get pinning.
To create bunting like the one featured, go here.
Happy Crafting!

Linked:
Metamorphosis Monday@Between Naps on the Porch
A Bowl Full Of Lemons-One Project @ a Time
Shady Porch Rock & Share
Feature Yourself Friday

30 comments :

  1. your pinboard is so cute! LOVE IT! you did a wonderful job! I also like the cute garland at the top. Perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from the Grow your blog {blog Hop}! http://queenofsavings.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally love how you've redesigned your board - looks a tonne better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I have to make one for my daughter's room! Thanks D!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute and I love that little banner! Saw you at Show and Tell! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love yours!! I made a couple for my craft room last year and love it!! Visiting from the Social Sunday Hop..

    You've got yourself a new reader, sharer, tweeter :)

    http://www.scatteredmusings.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Love burlap, love bunting, love pinning stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    I am a new GFC follower. I found you on a grow your blog hop. I would love for you to stop by my site and return the favor and follow me back as well. If you are interested also check out our current giveaways. We have something for everyone right now.
    Thanks a lot!
    http://www.chunkyandmonkeymd.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!

    Found you in the Blog Hop, New GFC Follower, Hope you can follow me back and check out my posts

    http://giveawayhog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. An absolute necessity to any creative mind...an inspiration board! All of that creativity has to get organized somewhere, right! Your board turned out great...nice tutorial too! Thanks so much for sharing at the Rock 'N Share!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw your post from Tip Junkie. I love this idea and especially the cute bunting! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. very cool! would love this in my craft room. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness... Love the pinboard!! Sooo cute! I would love for you to link up to my party going on now at Jillify It! Hope to see you there!

    Jill
    www.jillifyit.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it!! I have one of these old cork boards in hanging in our garage (because of the fact it is an eye sore) though I might just have to put a little brulap glam on it! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! The little bunting is just the right touch! Great tutorial as well! would love for you to link up to our Uncommonly Yours link party! Bonnie ;)

    www.uncommondesignsonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this pinboard! I am just obsessed with burlap. Popping in from Tip Junkie's party and thought this was a great tutorial! You have some awesome projects here. Would love if you'd link this and other fun up on my linky party!

    http://teaganstravels.blogspot.com/2012/03/destination-inspiration-linky-party-5.html
    Thanks, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  17. Turned out great and I love the banner!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This turned out great! I love the bunting on the top!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I made some of these too for my son's room. Love the pennant across the top of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great idea! I've always loved the PB corkboards but couldn't part with the cash, but this... this I can do! Thanks for sharing...

    Visiting from Show and Tell~

    Rhonda @home.made.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow...LOVE! Saw your link on Home Stories A2Z. I am totally doing this! I have the supplies and didn't think to put them together. What a great look!

    http://hopefuloneblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pinning this! Love the bunting across the top too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is super cute! Loving your bunting too. If you have a moment I would love for you to stop by and share: http://tutusandteaparties.blogspot.com/2012/04/pinteresting-party-wek-37.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. D, This is so so cute! Thanks for sharing at the Pinteresting Link party!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Suuuper adore this.. Featuring you on Thursday.. Sooo creative and chic.. Hope you can stop in and check it out.. Thanks SOOO much again for linking to Pin'Inspirational Thursday... xoxoxo..

    ReplyDelete
  26. Suuuper adore this.. Featuring you on Thursday.. Sooo creative and chic.. Hope you can stop in and check it out.. Thanks SOOO much again for linking to Pin'Inspirational Thursday... xoxoxo..

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great idea! This came out super cute!

    recreateandrepin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding your thoughts. I read all of your comments and I reply to all one way or another, mostly by email or on your blog. You brighten up my day & for that I thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover