Get ideas & inspirations delivered to your inbox. You won't want to miss a thing, so subscribe free to the Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates on the latest projects, shop news, blog tutorials & more. Check out the Project Gallery, Garden, Recipes & Inspirations tabs above, to see what you have missed. Browse through the sidebar for this week's Popular Posts!
**Please note: Some links may be broken, if this happens, please let me know which post & search for the title of a post on the search tab on the right while I work on fixing the problem.---->

How to Make a Natural Bird Feeder

Hello and welcome! Today I'll show you what my little boy and I did for a fun project.
I am sure all you great moms have already beat me to it, but I wanted to share this little
project here for those who have not tried it with your kids.
We made a natural bird feeder and this is what we did:

You will need, bird seed, peanut butter, a pine cone, plate, string and disposable utensil.


Apply the peanut butter on the pine cone with a utensil.


Pour bird seeds on the plate.


Roll the pine cone with peanut butter over the bird seed until it is covered.
For missed spots sprinkle the seeds on.

how to make bird feeder with cone


Hang it up somewhere outdoors, a tree, backyard, front yard...and see the results.  Here we caught a Red Cardinal feeding from the pine cone.   Too bad my camera wouldn't zoom in.  I know, terrible picture!  I don't have a good camera, sorry.


The picture is not great & I'm sorry for that, but I wanted to share it. We were pretty far in order not to scare the bird away.  The Cardinals love it! 

Now you go have fun and make this with your kiddos!




Pin It button on image hover