Get ideas & inspirations delivered to your inbox. You won't want to miss a thing, so subscribe free to the Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates on the latest projects, shop news, blog tutorials & more. Check out the Project Gallery, Garden, Recipes & Inspirations tabs above, to see what you have missed. Browse through the sidebar for this week's Popular Posts!
**Please note: Some links may be broken, if this happens, please let me know which post & search for the title of a post on the search tab on the right while I work on fixing the problem.---->

Neuschwanstein Castle

I have been feeling somewhat blue lately. So I decided to look back on my travels because it makes me feel thankful, grateful and happy for the experiences in my life. 
(unknown photographer)

Isn't this breath taking?  I remember when I first saw it, I was captivated by it's beauty and enamored by the breath taking panorama.  The scene was right out of a fairy tale story.  

 During the time that Mr. M and I lived in Germany, we visited as many castles as we were able to find.  This one of course is my favorite, the Neuschwanstein Castle.

I was fascinated by every angle of this castle.  No matter what bridge, valley or mountain you found yourself in, the view was spectacular.  We visited this castle a few times, we went during the winter and also the Spring.

(unknown photographer)

This famous castle is the most photographed in Germany.  The inside of the castle is just as beautiful!  


Did you know that Walt Disney was so impressed by it that he modeled Sleeping Beauty's castle after the Neuschwanstein?  


King Ludwig’s castles are considered very young or "new" when compared to the many other castles in Bavaria, Germany. It was built in the late 1800’s, and it was “Mad” King Ludwig II who built Neuschwanstein castle, as well as Linderhof castle and Herrenchiemsee castle. The Neuschwanstein castle was going to be a private retreat for the reclusive King Ludwig II of Bavaria, but sad to say, he died before it was completed.  His death remains a mystery.  Read more about him here.


The Bridge...
..intimidating isn't it?  Well you will have to see it up close to get a feel for it.  It's higher than you think.

If you ever find yourself in Bavaria, Germany, be sure to visit this beautiful castle, I guarantee you will not be disappointed!
Hope you enjoyed!


Don't forget to Rate My Blog @ Top Mommy Blogs




Pin It button on image hover