Get ideas & inspirations delivered to your inbox. You won't want to miss a thing, so subscribe free to the Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates on the latest projects, shop news, blog tutorials & more. Check out the Project Gallery, Garden, Recipes & Inspirations tabs above, to see what you have missed. Browse through the sidebar for this week's Popular Posts!
**Please note: Some links may be broken, if this happens, please let me know which post & search for the title of a post on the search tab on the right while I work on fixing the problem.---->

How to Make Cupcake Stands

INSPIRATION
I was looking through a magazine recently and
came across individual cupcake stands.
These are just too cute not have around.
They are great for parties and other entertaining events,
but the price did not fit the budget, so I made my own.  
Remember this tutorial
I applied the same method to make the cupcake stand/ pedestal.

Here's what I did:  
I used glass tea-light holders and unfinished circle wood plaques purchased from a craft store.  
The wood circles were in the craft department for only 50 cents each 
and the glass tea-light holder in the candle department for only 99 cents each.  
Now there are candle holders out there that look just as adorable, 
but you cannot beat this price to make your own.

1. You may use other materials to make these stands, 
but I personally chose the glass holder for its weight and balance
 and the wood plaque for thickness and sturdiness,  I don't want my cupcake to tip over.

2. I gently sanded the edges of the wood plaques to give it a smooth finish.
*Not all the plaques needed sanding.

3. I got my glue gun, you may also use E6000. 

4. Using my glue gun, I quickly spread the glue around the edge of the glass.

5. I then quickly pressed the glass on the wood plaque.

6.  Let the glue dry for 24 hours.

7.  After the glue was dry, I spray painted it with primer.

8. I let the primer dry and then spray painted it in white. 

You may use any color you like, I wanted mine white.
How to Make Cupcake Stands
Add caption
9.  I wanted to add a little decor to mine, nothing fancy, 
so I pulled out my E6000 glue and some dollies.

10. I cut off the scalloped edges, then cut that into four pieces.

11.  I used the E6000 to attach the scalloped edges onto the stand 
by using one drop of the glue on each end of the paper lace 
and gently pressing it on the side of the stand, let it dry.
You may do the same or use other materials 
for decor such as ribbon, buttons etc...
How to Make Cupcake Stands
How to Make Cupcake Stands
You can recreate the look by using fun colors and other 
finishes to make your pedestal stand out, think of Fall Harvest!
I hope that you have as much fun as I did making these!

Happy Crafting!






Pin It button on image hover