Get ideas & inspirations delivered to your inbox. You won't want to miss a thing, so subscribe free to the Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates on the latest projects, shop news, blog tutorials & more. Check out the Project Gallery, Garden, Recipes & Inspirations tabs above, to see what you have missed. Browse through the sidebar for this week's Popular Posts!
**Please note: Some links may be broken, if this happens, please let me know which post & search for the title of a post on the search tab on the right while I work on fixing the problem.---->

DIY: Message Flower Pots

Message planter
Hello friends! Today I will show you how I updated my clay pots to give them a
fresh new look for summer.  The idea is to set the mood for a bright,
clean and crisp feel to the back patio area and prepare it for entertaining family and friends.

I just needed to give my old flowerpots a new look, so I did what any girl would do, 
I painted them.  I have turned old clay pots into beautiful message flowerpots to give a 
wonderful impression to those who view them.  
I am so thankful that my flowerpot made it to the Craft it Now book where many 
will view it and learn how to spruce up their pots too.  

Remember the Flower Pot Makeover I did here?  Well for today's project I decided to
use a simple semi-sheen white spray paint.

Materials you need for these two projects:

*Clay pot any size
*Spray paint (white semi-sheen)
*Old newspapers or other sheets of paper to protect your work area from the paint.
*Chalkboard label or chalkboard paint
*Pencil
*Sharpie marker

decorated flowerpot
INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Make sure that your clay pot is clean and dry.
2. Cover your work area with newspapers to protect it from paint.
3. Place your pot upside down with open rim in the bottom and using the can of paint,
spray pot evenly, do not over saturate otherwise your paint will run causing streaks.
4. You may have to give it two coats depending on your paint.  After each paint session,
Set it to dry for about an hour or so.
5. Once your pot is dry, you may add a chalkboard vinyl label OR 
chalkboard paint to your pot.  Make sure it is the size you need for your pot.
6. Now your pot is ready for your gardening messages.  You may write your message

with chalk or liquid chalk marker.  Make it fun!

To create the Handwritten Message Pot below:
After step 4- Use a pencil to write your handwritten message on your pot.
Make sure it's nice and straight.  Using a pencil first helps avoid making permanent mistakes.
When you have achieved the handwriting and look with the pencil,
trace over it with the sharpie to give it it's finished look.

Tip/ Ideas: You may want to use a different color sharpie for a fun look,
or a different color for the pot to give it flare.
decorated flowerpot
Do you love it?
I sure do!
Great for gift giving.
Hope that you enjoy!
Happy Crafting!






Pin It button on image hover