Get ideas & inspirations delivered to your inbox. You won't want to miss a thing, so subscribe free to the Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates on the latest projects, shop news, blog tutorials & more. Check out the Project Gallery, Garden, Eat & Inspirations tabs above, to see what you have missed. Browse through the sidebar for this week's Popular Posts!
**Please note: Some links may be broken, if this happens, please search for the title of a post on the search tab on the right while I work on fixing the problem.---->

Christmas Home 2013


xmastree


xmastree (3)




I have been trying to make our home look a little festive this year since my focus has been on other things.  I am sharing my living room & dining room space with you today which is pretty much what I have decorated around the house.


xmastree (2)


I used decor from years past, handmade and purchased ornaments are combined in this year's Christmas decoration.


We did not put up an Advent calendar, but instead, a Jesse Tree.  Are you familiar with the Jesse tree?  It is fun and educational for both children and adults.  The Tree of Jesse is a depiction in art of the ancestors of Christ.  My son loves it and looks forward to each day's scripture reading and devotion.  I made my own Jesse tree ornaments by printing out the symbols for each day's reading. We cut the paper out and added ornament hooks to hang on the little tree I got last year.


Depictions of the Jesse Tree are based on a passage from the Book of Isaiah.


"A shoot shall come out from the stump of Jesse, and a branch shall grow out of his roots."


Isaiah 11:1    NRSVjesse tree


DSC_1879


On my last post I showed you how I made my pom pom garland.  I used the garland to decorate the mantel, I added reindeer ornaments instead of regular ball ornaments for a different look and I like how it turned out.  You can basically add whatever you like to the pom pom garland for extra flare.  I placed the book page trees from last year on the mantel and added the stockings that I made last year as well.  You can find the tutorial for the stockings on this post.


Further down, I added a photo of the living room during the decorating process, the tree does not have a garland yet and my mantel was somewhat bare at the time.


For the dining room, I added a wreath with a layer of berries and a red vase that serves as a hurricane candle holder as the center piece.  To each side I added a gold wire reindeer and red candles.  Off to the side, I also placed my advent candles, but did not photograph it this year.


DSC_1889










dining (4)dining (7)


dining (3)


DSC_1893


Thank you for joining me today on this tiny tour.

Linked to:


6 comments :

  1. You have a beautiful home. Thank you for the tour. Next year I need to do a Jesse tree. I must admit this was the first year I heard of it. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting! So glad I found yours! The tree is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Jesse tree! Beautiful Christmas decor. Thank you for sharing. You will be one of the features tomorrow at the Sunday Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Pop on over tomorrow to check out your feature. Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash on Monday! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of a Jesse tree before, but I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding your thoughts. I read all of your comments and I reply to all one way or another, mostly by email or on your blog. You brighten up my day & for that I thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover