Get ideas & inspirations delivered to your inbox. You won't want to miss a thing, so subscribe free to the Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates on the latest projects, shop news, blog tutorials & more. Check out the Project Gallery, Garden, Eat & Inspirations tabs above, to see what you have missed. Browse through the sidebar for this week's Popular Posts!
**Please note: Some links may be broken, if this happens, please search for the title of a post on the search tab on the right while I work on fixing the problem.---->

How to Make a Pencil Holder Using a Can

How to Make a Pencil Holder Using a Can
Hi everyone!  Today I'm sharing a tutorial on how to make your own pencil holder
with a recycled can.  Are you ready?  Here we go...
First you will need these items:


* A recycled soup or bean can (cleaned)
*Scrapbook paper, wall paper or gift wrap paper
* Scissors or other cutting device
* Spray adhesive or mod podge
*Clear tape
This is what I did...

I purchased scrapbook paper which runs about 50 to 60 cents a sheet.
I grabbed a soup sized can from the recycling bin.
I Removed the wrap from the can.
I Cleaned the can with soap and water and set it to air dry.
I measured the original can wrap against the scrapbook paper with a ruler.
Made marks with a pencil and erased later.
Once I had my measurements, started cutting the paper.
I Wrapped the paper around the can, to keep it sturdy,
I took a small piece of tape and taped down one end of the sheet of a paper on the can,
then wrapped the sheet of paper around the can and sealed it with clear tape, you can use mod podge.
How to Make a Pencil Holder Using a Can
Hello new pencil holder and it holds magnets too!!
Be creative!!  You can add extra decor by using buttons, ribbons and other decorative items.
Inspirationsbyd.blogspot.com
Inspirationsbyd.blogspot.com
These Magnets available here.

Now for my short collection of random musings,  read on.

ONE
We are finally moving and I am so excited
that we will be together as a family.
I am also excited about our new home,
lots of before and after projects coming,
so don't wonder off too far and come back to check it out.

TWO
I found this great feature that blogger offers,
and that is to turn your blog into a book.
What a great idea!
 If you have not seen this yet check it out here!
I just thought I'd share that with you.

Happy Crafting!

14 comments :

  1. I found you on MckMama's forum and am now following you! I would love a follow back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute Pencil Holder! You sure are crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful giveaway :) I also very much like your pencil holder. It is really pretty!

    I hope your move will go over smoothly and you will be able to enjoy your new home.

    Have a great week,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh i LOVE this! I bought some scrapbook paper yesterday from a store I went to - now I have some inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice pencil holder, i love the fact that you chose a can that holds magnets too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Making your own book out of your blog is the cooliest thing ever!!! I'm gonna do it!! i plan on waiting til my son is two years old then printing it. I'm so excited!!!

    Heather from Mommy Only Has Two Hands!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for u r information

    its very useful

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute crafty idea - I am going to have my kids do something like that for Grandma and Grandpa for Christmas...I think I use old Cottage Cheese or some sort of plastic container for the kids...But love the idea! Thank You.

    I am following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You idea is brilliant! I love your glass tags
    Smiles, cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello I found you on Mckmama community and I follow you now.
    By the way I have empty bottles at home that I keep for no reason hahaha but I think I can use your idea and make those empty bottles looks pretty and useful. Thank you for sharing it.
    Oh since you have button, I grabbed it too!^^
    Please follow my blog and grab my buttons
    http://MignonesiaBoutique.blogspot.com
    http://mignonesia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute!! Saw your picture at Live Laugh Rowe and came on over. I need to raid the recycling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooo.... I can so use this idea for my new desk area...whenever I get that:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding your thoughts. I read all of your comments and I reply to all one way or another, mostly by email or on your blog. You brighten up my day & for that I thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover