Get ideas & inspirations delivered to your inbox. You won't want to miss a thing, so subscribe free to the Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates on the latest projects, shop news, blog tutorials & more. Check out the Project Gallery, Garden, Recipes & Inspirations tabs above, to see what you have missed. Browse through the sidebar for this week's Popular Posts!
**Please note: Some links may be broken, if this happens, please let me know which post & search for the title of a post on the search tab on the right while I work on fixing the problem.---->

How to Make a Felt Coffee or (hot cocoa) Cozy


I love my new coffee cozies.  They are fun and decorative.  I carry them all the time in order to use them whenever I have a hot or cold beverage, no need to create more waste with those cardboard cozies.  Go green and make your own.

These are pretty easy to make, not too much sewing involved here, just cutting and overlapping with a bit of glue.
How to Make a Felt Cozy

These are so simple to make, if you have a sewing machine, super!  I made these by hand.  


Materials:
Felt
Scissors
Cardboard template
Thread and needle or sewing machine:-)
Felt stickers (sold at crafts store)
Hot glue gun and glue sticks 
Decorative thread for stitch
White fabric pencil or chalk



I don't normally buy ready made coffee, instead I make my own coffee or cocoa at home, but if I'm out and in the need for a beverage, I can use these homemade cozies instead of the cardboard one that shops provide.  Less waste right!  
I found this particular cardboard cozy on a store shelf, can you believe that?  Has anyone ever heard of a garbage can?  Well I decided to remove it from the shelf and then I had the thought of using it as a template for my cozy.  

Outline the template of the cardboard cozy on the felt.  Cut out the felt.  Then trace a bigger shape for the interior (I used two, one over the other)

Hot Glue the top felt to the bottom, use a small amount only.

 I used a cupcake felt fabric sticker and cut an inch square of the remaining felt to apply my sticker.  I sewed the square with the decorative yard/thread to the felt fabric.  You may glue yours instead.
Sew the seem of the felt together to close..  

...and this should be your finished cozy.
How to Make a Felt Cozy

How to Make a Cozy

These are so fun to make, you can even use an old sweater sleeve to make a knitted cozy.  Make or buy a cozy for yourself, a friend or a relative. Happy crafting!






Pin It button on image hover