Get ideas & inspirations delivered to your inbox. You won't want to miss a thing, so subscribe free to the Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates on the latest projects, shop news, blog tutorials & more. Check out the Project Gallery, Garden, Recipes & Inspirations tabs above, to see what you have missed. Browse through the sidebar for this week's Popular Posts!
**Please note: Some links may be broken, if this happens, please search for the title of a post on the search tab on the right while I work on fixing the problem.---->

DIY: Chalkboard

DIY: Chalkboard

This is not a post on Humility, but rather of what I made this past week.
Every week I write on my board something new that I try to apply to my life,
this week, it' Humility which is why you see it on my new chalkboard.

I purchased this old painting from a thrift shop many months ago
at a super cheap price.  I loved the frame,
not in the particular state that you see here,
but I knew that something great could be done with it.



I waited many months before deciding exactly what to do with it and what color to paint it.
I realized that after moving my original chalkboard to my craft room/ office,
I lacked one in my kitchen, so I decided to repaint the frame white and add a cream accent color to match my small kitchen cork board.


I cleaned the frame to prep it for painting, and removed it from the art piece.
I spray painted the frame with white satin paint,
then I painted the art piece with the chalkboard paint.


I used an off white craft paint to give the frame depth.



When everything was set and dry, I remounted the art piece to the frame.

Now I finally have my kitchen chalkboard.
I like to display on it things I want to work on during this Lenten Season.
This week it's Humility, next shall be Patience, that's a tough one.
Do you have something old that you want to make new again?

Linked:
A Craft Soiree
Let Your Creative Tuesday Juices Flow
Get Your Craft On Tuesday
Trash to treasure Tuesday
Tip Me Tuesday
Craft & Tell on Cherished Bliss
Uncommonly Yours Link Party

10 comments :

  1. I love it! I need one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Miss D! I love your chalkboard...I just have to borrow your idea and make for my home soon. Thanks for the inspiration.

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I need to get some chalkboard paint, stat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea D! You are so creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following from the Cherished Bliss blog hop! Follow back if you'd like at www.rockpaperscissorscreate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have really been wanting to do this, it turned out great! I would love if you would link up to the Lovely Things Thursday Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how it turned out! Humility immediately followed by Patience. Hmmm ... I think your chalkboard might stress me out! :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. I'm glad that you liked the chalkboard, as for what's written; Yes it's hard to accomplish those things especially Patience.
      Those are struggles that we face everyday, but sometimes it doesn't hurt to work on them.

      Delete
  8. This is such a beautiful frame! I just love the beaded detail! Thanks so much for sharing with us this week! We can't wait to see what you will come up with for this week!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding your thoughts. I read all of your comments and I reply to all one way or another, mostly by email or on your blog. You brighten up my day & for that I thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover