Get ideas & inspirations delivered to your inbox. You won't want to miss a thing, so subscribe free to the Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates on the latest projects, shop news, blog tutorials & more. Check out the Project Gallery, Garden, Recipes & Inspirations tabs above, to see what you have missed. Browse through the sidebar for this week's Popular Posts!
**Please note: Some links may be broken, if this happens, please search for the title of a post on the search tab on the right while I work on fixing the problem.---->

DIY: Rock Monster Paper Clips

DIY: Rock Monster Paper Clips
These little rock monsters really inspired me.  
Zoe from Coastal Inspired Creations made some amazing little rock monsters 
using rocks, paint & magnets. They have
captivated my son and we just had to make some of our own.

Visit her site here for her tutorial.  If you prefer to just buy them already made, 
visit her shop here or win them by visiting her blog.

I had on hand some acrylic painted gems for this little project, so I did not
have to paint any rocks.  We also wanted to add our own personal touch, 
so instead of magnets, we made rock monster paper clips.
Here is what we did; you have to include the kiddos for this craft.
  • Sharpie pen
  • White craft paint marker
  • Large paper clips
  • Googley eyes (self adhesive)
  • Rocks/ gems already painted--see Zoe's tutorial
  • E6000 glue or crazy glue -(for gluing the clip to gem)

1. Draw teeth in the shape of triangles or squares with the white paint marker.
2. After the white paint is dry, make an outline with the black sharpie to draw the mouth.
3. Add the eyes, since they already come with adhesive, all you have to do is stick it on.
4. Glue the clip to the rock or gem and let it dry.
hot make rock monster paper clips

15 comments :

  1. These are awesome. Well done! Really nice idea, I love how you've evolved the original rock monsters and thank you so much for mentioning me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These little guys are darling indeed. I was wondering, what is a White craft paint marker? I'm not sure I have seen any in the shops down here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The white marker is just paint in the form of a marker used for calligraphy. It's called Painters.

      Delete
  3. Those are way too cute! And I love that it's a project the kiddos can do. Adorable! I would love if you shared this at my Throwback Thursday link party. I hope to see you there! http://www.hubbymademe.com/throwback-thursday-no-8/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still not made the last rock monster thing, but gotta pin these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOODNESS!!! This is the cutest! Love to see a project for little boys! I would LOVE to have you share this at my link party! Facebook Follower Here!

    http://www.pincushioncreations.com/2012/08/homemade-by-you-27.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so stinkin' cute --- love them! They'd be an awesome teacher gift :~)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi I found you through Happy Hour Projects! I just love these! They are so cute and fun. I would love it if you would be willing to share them at my Link It Up Thursday Party going on now-Monday. Thanks.

    http://www.seven-alive.com/2012/08/link-it-up-thursday-35.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me again! Just wanted to thank you for sharing these cute little guys at my Throwback Thursday party. I'm featuring you at this week's party! I hope you'll join me again and grab your feature button if you want it! http://www.hubbymademe.com/throwback-thursday-no-9/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes!! They're more than cute ~ they're Darling!!!!
    Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create! <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad that I found you on Show and Tell Saturday! This is such a cute idea (and something I can actually do:). Thanks for sharing!

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. These Rock! ;) And you are a STAR at I Gotta Create! I'm featuring you today. Thanks so much for linking up <3

    http://igottacreate.blogspot.com/2012/09/creative-projects-with-and-for-kids.html

    <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these monsters! I'd love for you to link up your project to Do Something Crafty Friday: http://seevanessacraft.com/2012/09/do-something-crafty-58/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea! My son will love these! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are just so adorable! Seriously cute ...

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding your thoughts. I read all of your comments and I reply to all one way or another, mostly by email or on your blog. You brighten up my day & for that I thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover