Get ideas & inspirations delivered to your inbox. You won't want to miss a thing, so subscribe free to the Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates on the latest projects, shop news, blog tutorials & more. Check out the Project Gallery, Garden, Recipes & Inspirations tabs above, to see what you have missed. Browse through the sidebar for this week's Popular Posts!
**Please note: Some links may be broken, if this happens, please let me know which post & search for the title of a post on the search tab on the right while I work on fixing the problem.---->

Small Mudroom Entry Reveal!

The Mudroom Entry project is finally done!
AFTER

BEFORE
It is finally finished and I am content with the
outcome, hurrah!
Let's go back to the beginning of this project,
shall we.  It began here!
After Mr. M was done with the construction of this space,
I painted the walls, bench, bead board and hook
rail and was finished with the work here.  I wanted a different kind of shelving,
but we worked with what we had on hand to keep cost low.
We can always change it in the future.

With a few accessories in the space,
I was able to give it life.
I wanted to place a seat cushion on the bench,
but that will have to wait for another time,
for now this will work.
I added some personal touches and a bit of color for pop.
The oval picture frame on the right side of the
wall reads "love" and it holds my son's art work.
The art work on the left wall is by Katie Daisy Art and it
reads "practice patience please",
it is a great reminder of that virtue.
On the wall shelf above the hook rail,
you see two different size photo frames.
 I spray painted the large empty frame with white
spray paint and I left it as is, meaning no art work,
no glass or photo in it.
The point of that was to create a bit of an
architectural shabby look.
For the smaller frame I created my own art work and added
yellow to the background to coordinate with other pieces.
The white throw pillow is handmade by my loving mother,
she made this pillow for me when I first got married
several years ago.
It has two sides to vary in color and the chevron pillow
behind it is also two sided and from Target.
The baskets below serve to hide the shoes, slippers and other
items such as dog leashes and so on.
 On the opposite wall from this area are silhouette photo 
frames made by yours truly.
Creating this space and hand making most of the items
was so much fun and the excitement of it all was self-rewarding
 both for Mr. M and myself.  My favorite part of this area
is that it serves as storage and is functional for the whole family.









Pin It button on image hover