Get ideas & inspirations delivered to your inbox. You won't want to miss a thing, so subscribe free to the Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates on the latest projects, shop news, blog tutorials & more. Check out the Project Gallery, Garden, Eat & Inspirations tabs above, to see what you have missed. Browse through the sidebar for this week's Popular Posts!
**Please note: Some links may be broken, if this happens, please search for the title of a post on the search tab on the right while I work on fixing the problem.---->

Small Mudroom Entry Reveal!

The Mudroom Entry project is finally done!
AFTER

BEFORE
It is finally finished and I am content with the
outcome, hurrah!
Let's go back to the beginning of this project,
shall we.  It began here!
After Mr. M was done with the construction of this space,
I painted the walls, bench, bead board and hook
rail and was finished with the work here.  I wanted a different kind of shelving,
but we worked with what we had on hand to keep cost low.
We can always change it in the future.

With a few accessories in the space,
I was able to give it life.
I wanted to place a seat cushion on the bench,
but that will have to wait for another time,
for now this will work.
I added some personal touches and a bit of color for pop.
The oval picture frame on the right side of the
wall reads "love" and it holds my son's art work.
The art work on the left wall is by Katie Daisy Art and it
reads "practice patience please",
it is a great reminder of that virtue.
On the wall shelf above the hook rail,
you see two different size photo frames.
 I spray painted the large empty frame with white
spray paint and I left it as is, meaning no art work,
no glass or photo in it.
The point of that was to create a bit of an
architectural shabby look.
For the smaller frame I created my own art work and added
yellow to the background to coordinate with other pieces.
The white throw pillow is handmade by my loving mother,
she made this pillow for me when I first got married
several years ago.
It has two sides to vary in color and the chevron pillow
behind it is also two sided and from Target.
The baskets below serve to hide the shoes, slippers and other
items such as dog leashes and so on.
 On the opposite wall from this area are silhouette photo 
frames made by yours truly.
Creating this space and hand making most of the items
was so much fun and the excitement of it all was self rewarding
 both for Mr. M and myself.  My favorite part of this area
is that it serves as storage and is functional for the whole family.

Linked to:

By Stephanie Lynn
The Lettered Cottage
My Romantic Home
DIY Showoff 9/23
The 36th Avenue # 73
1st project of the Year Party 2012/WhisperWood Cottage
Success U
Wow Us Wednesdays
Home Stories from A to Z

Restyled_Space_Link_Party
TLC


43 comments :

  1. I absolutely love the transformation that had taken place! It is beautiful and efficient, a great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for following Familia Catolica!! I love your blog, congratulations! Great ideas in every post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! What a beautiful job you did!!! I just love how it turned out!!! It looks terrific!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! We could use some redecoration in our mudroom, ours is a little boring at the moment and still need another coat of paint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!! I think I might try re doing my mudroom as well! Cute blog! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhhh how lovely i absolutely adore it.....what a great new use for this space - functionality packed....i'm prepping a post for a little area we've done at our cottage to expand space/storage....come by & visit to see it tomorrow! xo

    www.northerncottage.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this little space. I'm always looking for more storage spaces in my house. Turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this! I have a little spot in my garage right before you walk into the house that I could sooo do this with! Thanks for the inspiration.

    xo Kristle
    http://www.willblogforbeauty.com

    PS~ Found you on Tip Junkie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a clever spot for this! VERY well done. Would be delighted for you to link up to my brand new party at: http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2012/01/mop-it-up-mondays-party-1.html
    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your entry mudroom! It's adorable and a great use of space!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! Pinning!

    Natasha xx

    www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is awesome. i am featuring it at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. Grab my "feature" button.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your mudroom looks great... one question, though. Where do you put the vacuum??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good question, I put my vacuum in the laundry room behind the door, just until I can find a permanent place for it. I'm currently fixing up my home, room by room. Hopefully everything will have a place of it's own:-)

      Delete
  14. I adoooooorrrree this! Super terrific job. I've been trying to convince the hubby to convert one of our closets into a mud room. I think he just needs a visual so thanks for helping me score a future win..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adoooooorrrree this! Super terrific job. I've been trying to convince the hubby to convert one of our closets into a mud room. I think he just needs a visual so thanks for helping me score a future win..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous space. Congrats on making the top 12 at WhisperWood Cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just wanted to stop by and say congratulations! I love your transformation and the built-ins are fabulous. Congrats on making the top 12 over at WhisperWood Cottage.....you deserve it.

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love this nook! it looks amazing- love the colors!! congrats on top 12!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You must be so proud, D! What a transformation and great use of a small space! It's lovely! Congratulations to you for being in the Top 12 at WhisperWood Cottage! :)

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations, on making the top 12 at Whisperwood Cottage! I love the color pallet you chose for this space! It is so inviting and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on making the top 12! I love your project.. I wish I had a great nook to use like that!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very nice! I love the simple pops of color! It's just enough! very clean and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So cute - love the color pops and the touches you added esp with the love frame! I think I need to work on my pantry next! I would love to have you stop over to link this up - I am hosting my first linky party today! Please come by!
    Stacey of Embracing Change
    http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful and functional space you've created!

    :)

    Linda
    itallstartedwithpaint@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am completely and totally in love with your mudroom! Ohhh it is just perfect. I love the colors and the seating and the hooks.... yes I just love it all! Thank you SO much for linking up and for the inspiration!!
    Jaime from crafty scrappy happy

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is absolutely beautiful! I love the white, the dark wood and the pops of yellow and blue. You did such a great job. I love everything. I wanted to let you know I featured you today! http://designdininganddiapers.com/2012/02/features-from-link-up

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your nook so much I featured it with the Inspired Creations Linky Party features! I just love the colors you chose! Stop by to see and grab a featured button while you are there! Thanks for linking up and please come back weekly on Thursdays to link up again!
    Stacey of Embracing Change
    http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great job!! It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Awe-some!! Such a great space!!! Thanks much for sharing! Love the after!

    ReplyDelete
  30. It's a beautiful space. Great job. I hope you continue to love it for many years.

    Stopping by from SITS. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a beautiful little spot in your home! I love the color scheme. So clean! Grey is my favorite wall color. Stopping over from SITS. Awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very cute:)
    Michelle
    http://normalchaosforamultitaskmom.blogspot.com/2012/06/place-i-need-to-be.html

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love this gray! what is the name of the paint?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olympic, D64-2, Silver Threads, From Lowe's

      Delete
  34. I love this space! Could you tell me where the larger individual hooks came from? I've been searching for something similar and have had no luck. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  35. All the hooks including the large ones came from Lowes. I have seen those at Target as well. I hope that helps.
    Good luck finding them. Sometimes the stores can be out of stock, so you may want to ask if they will get more

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding your thoughts. I read all of your comments and I reply to all one way or another, mostly by email or on your blog. You brighten up my day & for that I thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover