Get ideas & inspirations delivered to your inbox. You won't want to miss a thing, so subscribe free to the Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates on the latest projects, shop news, blog tutorials & more. Check out the Project Gallery, Garden, Eat & Inspirations tabs above, to see what you have missed. Browse through the sidebar for this week's Popular Posts!
**Please note: Some links may be broken, if this happens, please search for the title of a post on the search tab on the right while I work on fixing the problem.---->

DIY: Felt Ball Ornament (Updated Photos)


 It's that time of the year again when everyone shops, travel, entertain and
decorate for the Holidays.  This year I wanted to add white to my Christmas tree,
 so I opted to make my own white felt ornaments.  Do you remember the scrunch flower tutorial?

In this tutorial you may use that method or use the method below to make the scrunch flower.
Lets begin.
(1)  You will need the following:

       (2)   Using your round template/cup, trace circles on the felt.  Cut out your circles.  {To make several of these ornaments, you will need lots of circles.  Each of these flowers has about 5-6 felt circles.}   Make sure you cut a smaller circle for each flower that you make, it will serve as a base.

       (3)   Place a drop of glue on the center of your large circle and fold in half.

       (4)   Take your folded circle and fold again in the shape of an "s" or use the method on the previous tutorial.  Either one works fine.  The "s" form gives it more depth.
www.inspirationsbyd.blogspot.com

(5) Glue the folded pedal to the base and continue gluing your folded pieces 
around the base until it's filled.

(6) Place the top pedal to cover the open center.

(7)  When done, this is what your flowers will look like.  Repeat for more felt ball ornaments.

(8) Turn your flowers over to their back.

(9) Cut a piece(s) of ribbon; glue one end of the ribbon to the back of the flower 
using one drop of glue.  Glue the other end of the ribbon over the glued ribbon to hold it in place.

(10) Add glue to the back side of another flower and lay over the ribbon & flower.

(11) Press firmly to make sure it is glued properly and evenly.

(12)  This method should form your scrunched felt ball.

You may spray it gently with adhesive and add sparkle to your ornament(s) with fine glitter.
And there you have it, a Scrunched Felt Ornament.


Happy Crafting!!

18 comments :

  1. Oh Mrs. D!, these are so pretty...thank you for the tutorial.

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I think I'm going to try this myself. Love felt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I was just talking about how I need to make some felt ornaments for our tree this year that LB cant break ;) Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a simple idea. Thank you so much for sharing!! I love your blog. I'm your newest follower.
    Would love to see you DIY Home Sweet home.
    Jamie
    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    P.S. More the Merrier Monday end tonight so stop by and link up if you have not already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty!! i love it. and especially since it is felt. great job.

    i would love for you to come link up this or any other amazing project at my creativity party going on right now!

    letbirdzfly.blogspot.com

    thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! So simply sweet!

    Would LOVE for you to link up to our "Home for The Holidays" link party!

    www.uncommondesignonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi D, I love your tutorial on the scrunch felt ornament and wreath! I would love to have you share these projects at my party! http://theshadyporch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! I'll have to feature it in a round-up post on The Blog Entourage if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are just darling and would be so pretty in all different colors. I am a new Twitter and Fb follower visiting from Homemaker in Heels. I have stumbled this post. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are so pretty, D! I've made just the flower version before; I never thought to make a ball or an ornament! Great idea! So glad you shared at Shine On Fridays...hope you'll be back this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty, I like the texture they bring to the tree. I've made them as flowers, but not as an ornament. Thanks for sharing over at Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love-love this-I made a larger one as a topiary top! Following you from tatertots and jello-stop by for a visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to thank you all for commenting, it makes me so happy to know that you enjoy this little tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful! Like layers of snow ;)

    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!
    Come {link} party with the Wildly Original Crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw these on 36th Avenue and thought they were delightful. I'm in the middle of making things for Christmas so these are on my list. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so pretty. I love it. Pinned to my Needle and Thread Felt board. :) Saw your link on The 36th Avenue.

    ReplyDelete
  17. SO pretty! It has a boutique feel about it. Did you use wool felt or acrylic?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding your thoughts. I read all of your comments and I reply to all one way or another, mostly by email or on your blog. You brighten up my day & for that I thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover