Get inspired with ideas for everyday living right in your inbox. You won't want to miss anything, so subscribe free to the Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates on the latest projects, shop news, blog tutorials & more. Check out the Project Gallery, Garden, Eat & Inspirations tabs above, to see what you have missed. Browse through the sidebar for this week's Popular Posts!
**Please note: Some links may be broken, if this happens, please search for the title of a post on the search tab on the right while I work on fixing the problem.---->

How to Make Felt Flowers (Part 1 Felt Rose)

How to Make Felt Flowers
I was brainstorming recently on how to make small gifts look fun and appealing
and I came across Little Things Bring Smiles and Design Dump's felt flowers.
I was inspired to use these on gifts.
Doesn't it look adorable?
The felt flowers serve as a great way to decorate gifts for any occasion
and they weren't hard to make.
My favorite part is "no sewing involved".
1- If you want to give it a try all you will need are the following:
  • Felt (your color preference)--Here I used two colors and green for the leaf.
  • Scissors
  • A piece of chalk
  • Something to draw a circle, like a cup
  • Adhesive (I used a hot glue gun)
  • Glue sticks for glue gun
2-  Stack your two felts and trace a circle on the felt using your cup and chalk.
*(Note) I used chalk because it cleans off easily.

3- Cut the circles on the felt

4-  Layer your circles and starting at the edge, cut a spiral.
5- This will cut both circles at once.
6- Using your adhesive , secure the center of the rose which is the outside end of the spiral
and start wrapping around,
secure it with the adhesive each time you wrap both felts.
7- You will end up with a rose, glue the rounded end to the back of
the rose to keep it in place.
8- Draw a leaf by connecting two curved lines together as seen above, then cut it.
9- Glue your leaf to the rose, now you have a beautiful felt rose.
To make it look prettier
make more roses and glue them together to a larger piece of felt to form a group of two or three
as you see below.

Check out Part 2 on Felt Flowers !
Happy Crafting!

Pin It

Domestically Speaking

DIY Showoff
Tip Junkie

35 comments :

  1. Really really like this so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that you used two reds. It gives the rose depth. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful and easy rose. Thank you for the tutorial.

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello
    Just wanted to let you know that I have mentioned this post on my blog. If there is anything you would like me to remove please let me know. Cheers
    Jennifer
    eatcraftsow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Jennifer! I appreciate you letting me know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that you all like it, thank you:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfectly pretty little parcel, and a thoughtful way to show you care. I'd be thrilled if you came by and linked this up to the Head to Head Showdown, going on right now at www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

    ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! Such a pretty add on to any gift! Would you share here?

    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/11/shine-on-fridays-3-and-some-fabulous.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for linking up! ~Jen @ www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have never attempted something like this before I saw your step by step! Now I feel like i could do it. Thank you so much for sharing!

    Found you via link party. :o)

    http://justagurlintheworld.blogspot.com/2011/11/how-to-make-custom-wall-art.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty package all tied up in string! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are really beauty, and come at a great time for me since I've been wanting to make them. They really are so beautiful. Here's hoping you'll share your project over at Sunday' Best. Sharing is a good thing. Now following you on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the look of these felt roses! They look real! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome idea using them for gift wrapping! New follower here. Would love it if you would stop by and share this at my link party going on right now :) http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/11/bedazzle-me-monday-10.html

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh, these are so cute! thanks for a great and simple and beautiful tutorial! this is something i'd love to try actually. cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really do love these flowers, I will be making a few to put on a cone tree I am making. Thanks for sharing over at Sunday's Best. Love your creative ideas! Now following you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These have turned out beautiful, thanks for the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! Id certainly love getting a package dressed up like this:)Beautiful,thanks for sharing,Deidre~

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your felt flowers. They do make the gift box look attractive.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are just beautiful! So simple and perfect! Thank you so much for sharing with us! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The most darling gift wrap I have ever seen! Didn't expect red on red to work together so well. Would love love love for you to share this at my Best of 2011 party going on now http://space46.blogspot.com. Happy new year! My

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm a sucker for a fabric flower and these are so sweet! They would make a perfect Valentine's Day decoration too! Would you link it up to my party?

    http://daysofchalkandchocolate.blogspot.com/2011/12/latest-and-greatest-friday-12-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute post! I'm having a Linky party too! I would love it if you would link up your favorite posts. Here is the link http://www.thesouthernproductqueen.com/one-stop-shoppe-linky-party

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you so much for joining my linky party! This post rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just pinned these. THey are too cute!1 Thanks for linking up and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful flowers. I am having a Valentine contest that started today. I would love for you to link up your Valentine post for a chance to win some cool prizes.
    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is such a great idea. I haven't used felt before, Can't wait to try.

    http://myhappilyeverafteragain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I really like the look of these. Using two shades or red was a great choice as it gives the flowers more dimension. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I think I might make myself a little ring like this. Thanks for linking up at Bacon Time. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I made some. I am sharing in my post tomorrow (if I get it done). I will give you a shout out too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is SO pretty! I love them! I would love it if you would link this up to the Tuesday Talent Show this Tuesday at Chef in Training! I hope to see you again next Tuesday!
    -Nikki
    Chef in Training
    http://www.chef-in-training.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Super Cute!! Thanks so much for linking up!! I'm your newest follower!! Have you seen my Lisa Leonard giveaway yet?


    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love it! I'm featuring this today!!! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow, thank you! These are beautiful, I'm going to try this for some pillows!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding your thoughts. I read all of your comments and I reply to all one way or another, mostly by email or on your blog. You brighten up my day & for that I thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover