Get ideas & inspirations delivered to your inbox. You won't want to miss a thing, so subscribe free to the Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates on the latest projects, shop news, blog tutorials & more. Check out the Project Gallery, Garden, Recipes & Inspirations tabs above, to see what you have missed. Browse through the sidebar for this week's Popular Posts!
**Please note: Some links may be broken, if this happens, please let me know which post & search for the title of a post on the search tab on the right while I work on fixing the problem.---->

Heart Donuts

heart donuts


After searching for some inspiring sweets for Valentine's Day, I hit jack pot and got inspired to make my own heart glazed donuts from here. Not only did I make glazed, but I sprinkled some with cinnamon sugar too, oh yum!  Those may be viewed on behind the scenes on my instagram.
I used a different glaze for this recipe.  I have to say, the kids were excited to see these.  Who would have thought to use biscuit mix to make these lovelies?  Love that!
0001800000211_500X500
For these donuts I used Biscuit Grands Flaky Layers.
I use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut my hearts out or any shape you wish.
I used the same Heart Cookie Cutter that I used to make my heart shaped pancakes.
heart donuts
heart donuts
heart donuts
When you are done cutting your hearts, fill a pot with about 3 cups of vegetable oil,
enough to cover your dough when frying. 
Amount depends on the size of your pot, it should be about 3 inches deep.
Warm your oil on medium heat, set about 350 degrees. 
Inspirations by D
Fry the donuts for about 1 minute or so on each side.
Remove from heat and set on paper towels to soak excess oil.
Inspirations by D
Let your donuts cool.
In the meantime, make your glaze.
 
Ingredients:
 
1 1/4 cup Confectioners sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2-4 tsp milk
drop of red food coloring for pink coloring
 
Place sugar in bowl, add vanilla and milk, slowly mix until you have your desired consistency.  You will want your glaze to be thick.  When you have reached your thickness level, put aside a bit of the glaze in a small bowl to mix with food coloring to add pink design to the donuts.
When the donuts have cooled off, dunk your donuts halfway into the glaze mix then pull up.
Allow excess to drip off into the bowl.  Put aside and continue to do the same to each one.
For your pink glaze, take a plastic zip lock bag and pour your glaze into it.
Cut a small hole on a corner forming an icing bag.  This will help you add the pink icing to your donuts with ease.
Let your glaze cool and enjoy the donuts!
Happy Valentine's Day!
donut hearts






Pin It button on image hover