Get ideas & inspirations delivered to your inbox. You won't want to miss a thing, so subscribe free to the Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates on the latest projects, shop news, blog tutorials & more. Check out the Project Gallery, Garden, Eat & Inspirations tabs above, to see what you have missed. Browse through the sidebar for this week's Popular Posts!
**Please note: Some links may be broken, if this happens, please search for the title of a post on the search tab on the right while I work on fixing the problem.---->

Miscellany Monday

Grab it and Link up your random Musings!

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

{ONE}  Good Morning  everyone!  I'm not doing well this morning, at all, so I'm going to tag team with my hubbie and he is going to write my Miscellany Monday from his perspective.  Show him love and comment on what he writes.  I am off to have my tea and lay down.  Have a wonderful Monday and a warm welcome to my new readers.  I'm so happy to see you here and will visit you all as soon as I start feeling better. Me!
Now here's Mikey my love & best friend.

  {TWO}  Umm...good morning everyone.  While my beautiful wife takes time to rest and hopefully get back on her feet, I've decided to take a day off from work to help with our 4 year old "tornado" and whatever she needs me to do.  Our little one did not go to school today either due to his asthma/cold  which has been an issue this past weekend.

  {THREE}  If you haven't been told, my wife and I have known each other since the 1st grade.  We were both raised in Brooklyn, NY but took different paths in life in our teenage years until we were, by design from the Lord above, to meet up again in our early 20's to remain together forever...together 14 years now, married 11.  I AM VERY FORTUNATE to have her as my partner in life and VERY HAPPY!

  {FOUR}  I am a helicopter instructor pilot for the army working in Alabama, which makes this very tough because we live in Florida.  I commute 280 miles one-way every weekend to see my lovely family and we are praying that something falls into place whereby we will stop this "being apart thing".  It has to deal with the housing market which, unless you have been secluded in a cave somewhere, understand that I don't have to go into detail.  :)

  {FIVE}  These are trials that has been set forth for a reason but has made us a stronger unit throughout.  I pray that either I can find something here in Jacksonville so we won't have to move or someone buys this home so we can be together in Alabama.  Either way, it doesn't matter to me as long as we are together right?

  {SIX}  I would like to say thank you to all for making this what I would call "a place of serenity and support" for my wife.  She is constantly saying how wonderful the people who comment and support her are. That makes me happy to know that.  That she is not alone in times where we sometimes feel we are, although we know that we are not because of our Father above. 

{SEVEN}At any rate, I hope I didn't bore you too much.  First time doing this and just wanted to help.  Thank you all again.    Have a great week.

Mr. M

23 comments :

  1. Get well soon D.

    Great job Mikey. Nice to know a bit more about you both.

    Debs, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not boring at all and your son is gorgeous!! Hello from Ireland!
    http://www.fortysomethingfirsttimemum.blogspotcom
    http://www.everydayverses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from Blog Frog. I hope that you feel better soon D. Great job Mikey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just visiting for the first time because of your BlogFrog post about more traffic. Great idea! Hope you will feel better soon.

    Here is my post for this Monday: (Yes, I'm so sleep deprived that I names it Wordless Wednesday by mistake instead of Not Me Monday! Go figure)

    http://dagmarbleasdale.com/2010/08/wordless-wednesday-birthday-and-a-giveaway/

    Dagmar
    Dagmar's momsense

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it...great pics! Just linked over to you from BlogFrog to be a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel better. Good post, hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you will feel better soon! Your son is absolutely adorable. I really enjoyed reading your post today and hope that you will find a place closer to your husband's work soon. It must be really hard on everyone to be apart during the week.

    Blessings,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. your son is so adorable.Great blog.
    Following from blogfrog

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable little guy!! Hope the Hubby finds a job closer to home soon!

    Just became a follower thanks to BlogFrog
    if you get a chance swing by
    http://healthylifedeals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh, is there an "AWESOME HUBBY BLOGGY AWARD" out there...what would it be, a "blubby...or "hoggy"...?! I absolutely lOvE this post! What an incredible guy to do such a loving thing for his wife! Love, love, love...this is definitely, by far, going to be my favorite Miscellany Monday post of all...and I haven't even read but a handful so far!!! Thank you, Mikey, for being YoU! And what a darling little boy!

    How can you not get to feeling better now?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you feel better soon! Your husband did a great job. Isn't it such a huge blessing to have a loving and supportive husband?! I will say a prayer for you guys.. I'm sure it is really tough to be apart so much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are an awesome hubby! One of the things I always appreciate is when I am sick and my husband stays home to take care of the kids (we have twin 4-year-old girls and a newborn) - it makes such a difference. I'm popping over from D's Blog Frog post about generating more traffic - great idea! So sorry she and your son are sick - and I hope your job search/home sale pays off soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh! I'm a follower now, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved your post! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us! And wonderful that you are so helpful when your wife is down.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done Mikey!

    Hopping from blogfrog. I'm a new follower! Pleased to meet you!

    Stop by for a visit. :-)
    Life...EXAGGERATED

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for visiting my site! I love yours...so sweet of your hubby to post for you. Get better!

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice to know you better...

    http://burnett3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey there, I'm just visiting for the first time too (we were both new visitors on Homemakers Heart's blog).

    Anyway, what a lovely post! I live in Scotland but I think we have several things in common too - one of our sons just started school today, and my husband starts a new job in a different city next month so until we sell our house then we will be doing the 'being apart thing' Monday to Friday too. His job is about 100 or so miles away, so not quite as far as you. We're trusting in the Lord to provide what we need, as I'm sure you are too.

    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just followed you back, I enjoyed reading your blog! Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog, "Inspire!" I now have a Facebook fan page of inspiring messages. Stop on over!

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Inspire/338562522284

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just became a follower, and added a follow button :)

    http://ifthesewallsspoke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great post Mikey - hope to see you writing more!! I know that life too well, we lost all of our money in real estate because we've been moving after helicopter pilot jobs. We love it here in NY now, hoping you guys will make it back up here one day.

    Hopefully everyone is feeling better now! Your son is so cute, I wish our kids get to play together one day. We miss you and wish you all the best!

    PS. Matt has been writing in my blog a few times too :) Here is his first post
    http://www.skimbacolifestyle.com/2010/05/daddy-blogger-and-jennifer-garner.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding your thoughts. I read all of your comments and I reply to all one way or another, mostly by email or on your blog. You brighten up my day & for that I thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover