Get ideas & inspirations delivered to your inbox. You won't want to miss a thing, so subscribe free to the Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates on the latest projects, shop news, blog tutorials & more. Check out the Project Gallery, Garden, Eat & Inspirations tabs above, to see what you have missed. Browse through the sidebar for this week's Popular Posts!
**Please note: Some links may be broken, if this happens, please search for the title of a post on the search tab on the right while I work on fixing the problem.---->

Delish Flan Recipe!

What is Flan?  It is a baked caramel custard with a layer of soft caramel on top, as opposed to creme brulee, which is a custard with a hard caramel top.
My favorite flan (custard) is my grandmother's recipe.  There are different variations, but her recipe is the best in my opinion.  It is so rich, so creamy and so sweet.    

 Flan Recipe
Photo by Kelli Stanko

It is a real treat!  

Ingredients:
Preparation:

Preheat oven 325 degrees.

1. Melt sugar in the mold you will use for the flan over medium heat.  Add half cup of water and stir constantly until it forms a dark caramel.  Completely cover interior with the caramel then cover with foil.

2. In a bowl, mix eggs, vanilla, salt and all the milk.  Strain the mix, then pour carefully to avoid disturbing the caramel mold candy.  Cover tightly with foil.  Place mold carefully in a casserole dish with water, it will prevent the caramel candy from burning and it's called waterbath, bake for one hour covered or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
* You may also use the old fashion way, by cooking it over the stove like my grandma.  For this process use a large pot with a bit of water and place mold in the pot tightly covered.  Do not allow water to splash into custard!!

3. Loosen the edge of the flan from mold, place on a tray and turn over mold. Refrigerate before serving.

So you don' t feel like doing all that hard work but still want flan?  Try these;
It's not as rich as the recipe, but still tasty and easy to make, just follow the instructions on the box.  

3 comments :

  1. Now that is making me hungry! >>LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never made flan. yummy! I'll have to try it! I'm a new follower and a fellow etsy-er! I found you on bloggy moms! Please come and visit my blog at http://www.cammostylelove.blogspot.com

    I also do a feature on fridays of crafty moms and would love to feature your shop if you're interested. Just check out one of my features and leave me a comment :) I'm off to heart your etsy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for the comment and follow! I love your blog. I knew right off I'll get inspired :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding your thoughts. I read all of your comments and I reply to all one way or another, mostly by email or on your blog. You brighten up my day & for that I thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover