Get ideas & inspirations delivered to your inbox. You won't want to miss a thing, so subscribe free to the Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates on the latest projects, shop news, blog tutorials & more. Check out the Project Gallery, Garden, Eat & Inspirations tabs above, to see what you have missed. Browse through the sidebar for this week's Popular Posts!
**Please note: Some links may be broken, if this happens, please search for the title of a post on the search tab on the right while I work on fixing the problem.---->

How to Re-Paint Oak Mantel

  The mantel surround had a dark oak stain and although it did not look bad, it clashed with our current wood furniture, so I decided to re- paint it.  

Here is the before:
How to Re-Paint Oak Mantel
Here is the After:
How to Re-Paint Oak Mantel

This project required one coat of primer and two coats of paint.  I sanded it gently,  just to dull it a bit, then  I gave it a coat of Multi-Purpose Oil Based Primer.  I used this Sherwin William low odor formula since we have asthma at my home and strong paint odor is a trigger.  So this paint worked out pretty well, no odor and fabulous coating and no asthma attacks, whew!




The next day I gave the mantel two coats of paint, "Swiss Coffee" by Benjamin Moore semi- gloss and I painted the wall a "Putnam Ivory" to make it stand out a bit.
I'm happy with the new look, to finish it off I would love to change the white tile, but that's a different project.  Thank you for looking.

4 comments :

  1. hi, your oak mantel new looks look so classy in white. maybe i can paint my black dining set to white color too. I want a white theme for this year's xmas celebration. btw, the white tile look okay for me.it match your "new" mantel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing redo. I absolutely love the new look of the mantel. It's so classy and fresh. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm following you from blog frog.

    Love what you did with the fireplace, I kept thinking though "why not change the tiles" then you mention just that at the end LOL. Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! The white look is so fresh, clean and elegant.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding your thoughts. I read all of your comments and I reply to all one way or another, mostly by email or on your blog. You brighten up my day & for that I thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover