Get ideas & inspirations delivered to your inbox. You won't want to miss a thing, so subscribe free to the Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates on the latest projects, shop news, blog tutorials & more. Check out the Project Gallery, Garden, Recipes & Inspirations tabs above, to see what you have missed. Browse through the sidebar for this week's Popular Posts!
**Please note: Some links may be broken, if this happens, please let me know which post & search for the title of a post on the search tab on the right while I work on fixing the problem.---->

How to Re-Paint Oak Mantel

  The mantel surround had a dark oak stain and although it did not look bad, it clashed with our current wood furniture, so I decided to re- paint it.  

Here is the before:
How to Re-Paint Oak Mantel
Here is the After:
How to Re-Paint Oak Mantel

This project required one coat of primer and two coats of paint.  I sanded it gently,  just to dull it a bit, then  I gave it a coat of Multi-Purpose Oil Based Primer.  I used this Sherwin William low odor formula since we have asthma at my home and strong paint odor is a trigger.  So this paint worked out pretty well, no odor and fabulous coating and no asthma attacks, whew!




The next day I gave the mantel two coats of paint, "Swiss Coffee" by Benjamin Moore semi- gloss and I painted the wall a "Putnam Ivory" to make it stand out a bit.
I'm happy with the new look, to finish it off I would love to change the white tile, but that's a different project.  Thank you for looking.




Pin It button on image hover