This Holiday Season, we decided to craft our own word garland with simple supplies
that we found at home. My inspiration is this rustic word decor from Pottery Barn.
To make your own letter garland, you will need:
X acto knife
Paint of your choice available at a craft store or Walmart
Strong thread or string
1. Lay cardboard flat on the table and either trace your template or draw free hand using a ruler.
2. After your letters are have been traced, use a x acto knife to cut out the letters.
3. Make sure the edges are nice and clean, you may use a pair of scissors to remove
extra cardboard from corners or edges.
4. Have your little one(s) paint the letters. They will enjoy it!
5. Let the letters dry and add another coat of paint if needed.
6. After the paint is dry, take a large needle and thread and start connecting the letters. You may also punch holes and use yarn to connect the letters as you would when you are bunting.
Now you will have a lovely letter garland. Be creative and add your personal touch to your garland.