Get ideas & inspirations delivered to your inbox. You won't want to miss a thing, so subscribe free to the Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates on the latest projects, shop news, blog tutorials & more. Check out the Project Gallery, Garden, Recipes & Inspirations tabs above, to see what you have missed. Browse through the sidebar for this week's Popular Posts!
**Please note: Some links may be broken, if this happens, please search for the title of a post on the search tab on the right while I work on fixing the problem.---->

How to Make Heart Shaped Pancakes (Re-Post)

 Heart Shaped Pancakes

...fluffy and golden

 Heart Shaped Pancakes

  On this cold, but bright and sunny morning, I decided to make a special Valentine's breakfast for my loving family.  Their first clue of what I had been preparing in the kitchen was a distinctive scent that drifted into the living room and filled the air with a soft warmth, a sensation of comfort and mouth watering images of fluffy, warm goodness.    

Their noses led them into the kitchen.  As both son and father scouted the area to see what it was that was waiting for them, they saw the thick, hot, golden savory ivory and pink curves, sitting on white china plate enhancing their coloring.  The mound of melted butter caught the morning light coming from the window, glittering and enticing them.

  We smothered the pancakes with fruits, whipped cream and Red Raspberry Syrup and they were so delicious.

 Heart Shaped Pancakes

       I have made shaped pancakes before, just not colored them in pink. I started with the basic heart shaped pancakes and suddenly I had the idea to play with food coloring.  One thing led to another, then voila!  I had pink, golden and light red pancakes.  


...fluffy red and pink goodness
 Heart Shaped Pancakes

Instructions:

1) These pancakes are not difficult to make; all you need is your favorite pancake recipe, either from scratch or a pancake mix of your choice, but make sure the batter is not too watery.  You want this mix to be somewhat thick. 

2) Put in a couple of drops of Liquid Red Food Coloring
into the batter until you reach your desired color, then mix.

3) Pre-heat the pan and place your Heart Pancake Molds or Heart Cookie Cutter
 in the pan, and grease the mold over the pan to prevent sticking. 

4) Pour the pancake batter into the Heart Pancake Molds or Heart Cookie Cutter
 that is inside the pan.  Let them bubble a bit on low/ medium
heat until it sets.
 Once you see the bubbles on the top of your pancake, remove the Heart Pancake Molds or Heart Cookie Cutter.  Remember that for cookie cutters you will need a tong, the cookie cutter will be hot.  Do not touch it with your hands.  At this point, flip the pancake over and cook the other side until lightly browned, the pancake is complete.
 Heart Shaped Pancakes

5) Repeat the steps above for more pancakes. 
  Enjoy with your favorite toppings!

Linking to:
The 36th Avenue

24 comments :

  1. that looks so yum!!! Thanks for sharing. I'm going to have to bookmark this for another day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look fabulous! I may have to run out and get a heart shape cookie cutter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so great!!! They came out spectacular!! What a wonderful Valentine's Treat for your family!!! Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't cook pancakes! I am hopeless at it. I can cook anything else I set my mind to but I have no pancake skills what so ever! Your pancakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look so delish and your description of them made my mouth water!! WOW!!


    Heather From and Mommy Only Has Two Hands! and Lynhea Designs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw! Adding the food colouring is such a cute idea! I wish i had a heart cookie cutter! :D
    This is adorable... :)
    I'd love for you to link it up at my linky party this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. these look yummy. the only thing better than pancakes is heart shaped pancakes!

    Megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tnx so much for linking up these lovelies at my party! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would it be too strange to make them for dinner? They are super cute! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are super cute and sound super tasty!! Can't wait to try it! I love when other people are creative so I can copy them!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. my kids would love these!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so sweet! My 6 year old would LOVE this! Thanks for the tips ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are soooo cute...I love the pink hearts...I will make these for my boys. Thanx! I hope you will link up with me here:
    http://www.thegingerbreadblog.com/2012/01/sweet-saturday-link-party-v23.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these! I will definitely be making some of these at our house. I would love it if you would share them at our sharing party at http://craftymomsshare.blogspot.com/2012/01/sharing-saturday-3.html. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum, this looks amazingly awesome :)))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how simple this is to do with the cookie cutters. I am a new FB fan visiting from Gingerbread Blog. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sooo cute!! Can't wait to make these!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ahh super cute pancakes! LOVE THEM! and love the idea of raspberry sauce! yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job. I love it! Please consider sharing this with my readers over at http://sassafrassalvation.blogspot.com/2012/02/sasss-sunday-salvation-show-10.html
    Hugs, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a sweet and yummy idea for valentines! You are very clever.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun idea!
    Drea
    babiesnbargains.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great way to start a special day, with heart for breakfast! mmm, looking so delish. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday’s Best Par.tay!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding your thoughts. I read all of your comments and I reply to all one way or another, mostly by email or on your blog. You brighten up my day & for that I thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover