Get ideas & inspirations delivered to your inbox. You won't want to miss a thing, so subscribe free to the Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates on the latest projects, shop news, blog tutorials & more. Check out the Project Gallery, Garden, Recipes & Inspirations tabs above, to see what you have missed. Browse through the sidebar for this week's Popular Posts!
**Please note: Some links may be broken, if this happens, please let me know which post & search for the title of a post on the search tab on the right while I work on fixing the problem.---->

Time to Get Dirty

This is what we did for fun just the other day, play with dirt!  I know, I know, he'll get dirty but...
dirt can be the most delightful play item in nature.  It washes away from your hair, clothes, skin, and toenails, so I don't worry about my child getting a bit messy when outdoors.  I'm not concerned about stains, I just designate play clothes that are allowed to get dirty and keep in mind that a few stains are a small price to pay for the benefits of the imagination and creative play outdoors in the fresh air.  The important thing is to encourage my little one to play freely, without fear of getting dirty. 
He's a boy and he loves dirt, so why not let him enjoy it, after all I remember doing the same thing when I was a kid. 
We had all sorts of fun with dirt, we created walls made of mud, mud cake,  mud puddles, mud pies, channel of water and more.  The smile and satisfaction on my child's face is priceless.  
 He can play with dirt, he can play with mud, he can play with the hose, he can play with bugs and discover all that nature has to offer.
This stimulates creative play and problem solving.
After all that fun we discovered this little guy, 
well not so little, but look at how amazing this grasshopper looks. We photographed him, then set him free. I'm not of bug person, but sometimes you have to step out of the box, you know.
It's amazing how much you can discover in your own backyard or the park. 
Have you tried exploring the outdoors with your kids? 


Don't forget to Rate My Blog @ Top Mommy Blogs




Pin It button on image hover