Get ideas & inspirations delivered to your inbox. You won't want to miss a thing, so subscribe free to the Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates on the latest projects, shop news, blog tutorials & more. Check out the Project Gallery, Garden, Recipes & Inspirations tabs above, to see what you have missed. Browse through the sidebar for this week's Popular Posts!
**Please note: Some links may be broken, if this happens, please let me know which post & search for the title of a post on the search tab on the right while I work on fixing the problem.---->

Little Projects

flowers
After the busy month of places to be, things to do, people to see, it finally slowed down this summer in order for me to work on little projects.

My son and I re-vamped this clay flower pot for his cactus plant.  We used acrylic craft paint to paint the inside blue and the outside in white, giving it a two toned appearance.

After the paint dried, he applied glow in the dark paint on the outside surface. When the lights go out, it glows and for him that is an awesome effect. I have to admit, it really is!  I couldn't get a good photo in the dark to show you, but you get the idea.

glow in the dark flowerpot
I also finished another chalkboard project similar to the large chalkboard I made a few months back on this post and since then, have painted the frame white.  I have wanted a narrow chalkboard forever and with an extra piece of wood in the garage, I finally made one with my hub's help of course.

We used a flat wood board measuring about 14 x 47.5 inches.  I painted the board with chalkboard paint.

Mr.M cut the angles on the frame and nailed them together.  I then stained the frame and when it was dried, nailed it to the black board surface. The frame measures 15 x 48 inches.

Now all I have to do is make the frame look aged, I was inspired by this chalkboard.  I should have done that before mounting it, but oh well.
I will make it look like antique wood later on & will post about it, so stay tuned.

diy chalkboard
staining wood
diy chalkboard
We added a little art on the board to add a summer feel to our patio.  This will be a 
great little board for seasons and holidays.  

Have you been enjoying your summer?  
Happy Crafting!






Pin It button on image hover