Get ideas & inspirations delivered to your inbox. You won't want to miss a thing, so subscribe free to the Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates on the latest projects, shop news, blog tutorials & more. Check out the Project Gallery, Garden, Recipes & Inspirations tabs above, to see what you have missed. Browse through the sidebar for this week's Popular Posts!
**Please note: Some links may be broken, if this happens, please let me know which post & search for the title of a post on the search tab on the right while I work on fixing the problem.---->

Picnic Table Makeover

picnic table makeover
Hello friends! Today I decided to finally show a project that is long overdue, but I did promise some folks I'd have it posted on here regardless, so here we go.

I started out with a plain, store bought, raw wood, picnic table and made it lovely with paint and stain.

inspirations by dpicnic table
It was rough on the surface and along the edges, not comfortable if you are using it for the summer months, so I had it completed sanded down to smooth out the surface.

Once everything was nice and smooth, I began the painting process. I started with chalk paint and used about three coats for this porous wood.

inspirations by dinspirations by dinspirations by d
After I painted the bottom white and the paint was completely dry, I used a wax to give it a little sheen and to protect the surface. As you can see below, the top of the table is still raw. I wanted to make that wood look a bit aged, I used the same technique for the wood, as I did with the chalkboard frame.

inspirations by dinspirations by d
@inspirations by D

I loved how it turned out.  I cannot wait to decorate with an Autumn theme.  The picnic table is
currently sitting in my kitchen area until we can get a breakfast table. In the mean time,
this is working out fine.
You can see below how the top turned out after the stain and wax.  This is a phone image.

picnic table makeoverpainted picnic table@inspirations by D@inspirations by D

I hope that you enjoyed it and have a great week!







Pin It button on image hover