Hey, all! I am feeling better today and back on my feet crafting, blogging, cooking and conquering motherly duties. I want to thank those who wished me well during my recovery, thank you! I also made this delish meal and wanted to share it with you.
I love Chicken and Dumplings, do you? This is truly a great southern comfort meal all on it's own. I have tried many recipes loving them all, but my very favorite is this rich, hearty, creamy and sooooo full of flavor recipe. You have to try it, this is true southern flavor. The following recipe makes 8 servings:
- 2 pkgs.(7.5 oz.ea.) buttermilk biscuit mix.
- 2 Tbs. bacon fat or olive oil
- 5 fresh carrots, peeled ans sliced
- 3 thick celery stalks, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 cans (8 oz. ea.) cream of chicken soup, with equal parts water added
- 2 cans (8 oz. ea.) cream of celery soup, with equal parts water added
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh tarragon (optional)
- 1 cup peas and /or pearl onions
- 2 whole roasted chickens, cut into 8 pieces each
2 Bring mixtures to a light boil. Add bay leaves, tarragon, peas and pearl onions. When liquid returns to a boil, using teaspoon measure, drop biscuits into liquid. The dough will float to the top.
3 Cover tightly with lid; let simmer 15 min. Take out 1 dumpling to check if it is done (inside will be fluffy). Divide dumplings evenly among 8 bowls. Add 2 pieces chicken to each. Ladle liquid over piles. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired. Voila! If you try this recipe let me know what you think.