Get ideas & inspirations delivered to your inbox. You won't want to miss a thing, so subscribe free to the Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates on the latest projects, shop news, blog tutorials & more. Check out the Project Gallery, Garden, Eat & Inspirations tabs above, to see what you have missed. Browse through the sidebar for this week's Popular Posts!
**Please note: Some links may be broken, if this happens, please search for the title of a post on the search tab on the right while I work on fixing the problem.---->

The Garden

I have a container garden.  I chose containers due to the heavy rain we get during the summer 
months in the South.  Last year the rain ruined all my plants, so this year I took a different 
approach to gardening.  These are just some of the fruits, veggies and other plants that I am growing.

I love my peppers and my key limes!


The first tomato


Growing...

Love it!
I can't wait to sink my teeth into this juicy plump tomato.

My little boy planted Sunflower Teddy Bear seeds this year and it's his absolute his favorite.

The lavender.  Got the seeds from my favorite place, Etsy!


What are you growing in your garden??

10 comments :

  1. Lovely, lovely garden you have there! If you ever do a post with gardening with your kiddos come on over and join 'kinderGARDENS' http://sweetgrace.typepad.com/the_inadvertent_farmer/2010/04/kindergardens-let-em-get-dirty-childrens-garden-series-and-contest.html/
    at my blog...we have 40 participants and at the end of summer we are having a professional judging to see who wins some great prizes for the best use of children in the garden, lol!

    BTW...your magnets rock! I'm off to see how many I can fit on my frig/white board/freezer! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I planted Lavender, but it never flowered :-( I love it, but it just grew about 3 inches tall and stayed green. Do you have any suggestions?

    Our other herbs did really well; sage, dill, rosemary and basil. But by far our cukes did the best. We also have carrots, broccoli and tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    I just had to ask, how did you set up the tabs below your title? I would like to do that myself. Thanks. Love your garden too.

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lavender plants tolerate many growing conditions, but thrive in warm, well drained soil. The soil should be well worked, well drained and loose enough to dig your bare hands in easily. Some sand and well rotted compost will get the plant off to a good start. A lean soil will encourage a higher concentration of oils. An alkaline and especially a chalky soil will enhance lavender's fragrance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have got a nice garden out there. I think a connection with plants means a connection with the nature itself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always so impressed by gardens, since I can't seem to grow anything myself.

    New follower from Bloggy Moms

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much! I'll try some of those for next year. I think we may be moving in a few weeks, so I don't want to get anything started till I know where I'll be living :-P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pictures...wow..so clear...makes me wonder if I need a new camera...
    I found you on Bloggy Moms!
    http://www.absolutelynarcissism.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute blog :)
    I'm following from bloggy moms :)
    http://belovedmama.blogspot.com
    http://twitter.com/belovedmama

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photographs are stunning! The colours so rich and vibrant. I found you on Bloggy Moms and I'm happy to follow you.
    Hope you'll check me out at:
    www.facebook.com/tailwagshelmetcovers
    www.twitter.com/tailwagshelmet
    www.karynclimans.com
    Cheers,
    Karyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding your thoughts. I read all of your comments and I reply to all one way or another, mostly by email or on your blog. You brighten up my day & for that I thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover