Get ideas & inspirations delivered to your inbox. You won't want to miss a thing, so subscribe free to the Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates on the latest projects, shop news, blog tutorials & more. Check out the Project Gallery, Garden, Recipes & Inspirations tabs above, to see what you have missed. Browse through the sidebar for this week's Popular Posts!
**Please note: Some links may be broken, if this happens, please search for the title of a post on the search tab on the right while I work on fixing the problem.---->

How to Make a Storage Container

So today my little boy and I got creative again.  It was dark, thundering, and raining all day, so we stayed in and got crafty.  I made my own bag storage container and he made his own crayon storage container.
how to make a storage container

To make your very own plastic bag container you'll need the following:


A container such as this one works well.
Make sure it's empty and washed clean inside.


Remove the wrapper.

You can either use wrapping paper, scrapbook paper, or what ever pretty design paper you have. 
 Cut out a piece to place on the container. 
Make a label in your {word doc.}.  
Insert an oval shape to your word document, change the color of the line on the oval if you like;  insert a text box into the oval and type "bags".   
You can insert a little design from clip art.
Then when you are done, print it on sticker paper so it's easy to mount.
Once your label is printed, cut out your label and stick it to your design/print sheet.
You can use tape or glue to stick it unto the container.


Now you have a nice storage container for your plastic bags.

Next we have a
CRAYON STORAGE Container
You will need a coffee can or some kind of carton can.


 or
 In this case we used the carton can, no sharp edges.
My little boy used construction paper.
Let your little ones choose their own color;  measure the paper against the can, and cut it so you have the right amount to cover the can all around.

 Have your child (children) draw on the paper. 
When they are done with their art work, help them wrap the can, place the crayons inside and cover for storage. Voila!  



He now knows where his crayons are at all times and loves his new crayon box can:-)
What do you think?

14 comments :

  1. I LOVE your bag storage idea! I also use those cleaning-wipe containers to store paintbrushes, but I know I can use one up soon enough to make one of these!

    I'm a new follower from NFF :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. following you back =)

    Happy Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those turned out so cute! We always just have our plastic bags stuffed into each other, but this is much better - plus it's fun and stylish! :)

    Thanks for joining us for Friendly Friday, have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Im your newest follower from Friendly Friday. Great idea, love reused items :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your craftiness! I am not terribly crafty, although I do enjoy scrapbooking. But even with that, it's very simple.

    Great blog you have here!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  6. ¸.•..¸.•*¨Hopping in from the Friday Blog Hop! I'm your new follower!

    I love that idea!!

    Hope you can come on by and return the follow♥

    Reviews & Giveaways
    TheChickenista

    ~Veronica

    Off to the next great blog!¸.•..¸.•*¨

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a neat idea!!

    I found your blog through Friday Follow.

    Hope you'll visit either or both of my blogs and follow as well:

    Jessicas Lil Corner-Family Blog: http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com

    So Stylilized-FREE Custom Blog Designs: http:/sostylilized.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great ideas! Thanks for following, I am following you back. Have a great weekend!
    Bonnie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Idea. Love your blog. Following you through Bloggy Moms.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Wow!very crafty! I love the bag storage idea very cute. I also loved the crayon container I can do this @ work with my students. They can keep all their crayons in one place on the desks and can use them as a group! Excellent idea!!

    Angelica

    ReplyDelete
  11. Newest follower...and GREAT ideas...so glad that I stopped by...

    Its a very rainy day here so blog hopping is the perfect activity. Hope you will visit me...I have a great giveaway that I am drawing for Sunday.
    Teresa
    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant. Will definitely be copying you and making one! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a perfect idea!!! How many of those Wet Ones containers have I just tossed in the recycle! I'm your newest follower! You have so many creative ideas!! Next week I'm having a PRETTY PACKAGES PARTY. I hope you'll stop by and share some of talent. You can pick up a button to keep as a reminder!
    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com
    Smiles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a great idea! I have a bag I stick bags in, but I am thinking that your creation could sit in the back of a car to keep the plastic bags handy in the car. Visiting from Take A Look Tuesday.
    ~Kimberlee
    www.thespunkydiva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding your thoughts. I read all of your comments and I reply to all one way or another, mostly by email or on your blog. You brighten up my day & for that I thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover