Get ideas & inspirations delivered to your inbox. You won't want to miss a thing, so subscribe free to the Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates on the latest projects, shop news, blog tutorials & more. Check out the Project Gallery, Garden, Recipes & Inspirations tabs above, to see what you have missed. Browse through the sidebar for this week's Popular Posts!
**Please note: Some links may be broken, if this happens, please let me know which post & search for the title of a post on the search tab on the right while I work on fixing the problem.---->

Small Pleasures

Today I spent some time working in the garden,
 weeding, removing dead flowers and prepping the ground for winter.  
We still have some flowers 
and believe it or not 
a couple of butterflies still lingering around.

I stopped what I was doing and sat down for a minute,
to take it all in
the fresh crisp air
the clear blue sky
the rich colors of the remaining flowers
and behold, 
a Black Swallowtail Butterfly.

I can tell that perhaps this was the last time 
I was going to see it before the temperature cools.

I ran inside to get my camera
and
while I was photographing the Swallowtail
it remained gentle and calm as she gathered her nectar.
I noticed the details on her beautiful dark wings
and it made me think
that God is in the details,
and daily life is made up of the details.
Small pleasures are gifts of God that grease the wheels of life
refreshing us and reminding us of life's abundance.
Small pleasures say
"Pay Attention"
Life is a sacrament and everything is a gift from God.
My cup of coffee,
my flowers,
time with my family,
and that butterfly--
are all reminders of the wonders of creation.
It came to me that the miraculous often hides in the commonplace.

As Jean Webster puts it:
It isn't the big pleasures that count the most;
it's making a great deal out of the little ones.







Pin It button on image hover