Get ideas & inspirations delivered to your inbox. You won't want to miss a thing, so subscribe free to the Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates on the latest projects, shop news, blog tutorials & more. Check out the Project Gallery, Garden, Recipes & Inspirations tabs above, to see what you have missed. Browse through the sidebar for this week's Popular Posts!
**Please note: Some links may be broken, if this happens, please let me know which post & search for the title of a post on the search tab on the right while I work on fixing the problem.---->

Learning to be Unselfish

source:google

It's healthy for a married man or woman to pursue personal interests 
and engage in individual activities,
 hence me with my crafts/ blog/ shop; he with his mustache journey and other lively pursuits.
This provides an outlet, a sense of freedom and perhaps some exercise
--plus, it makes for a more interesting, well rounded spouse, 
which keeps the conversation at home lively!  
However, the level of your involvement in these pursuits
 must be weighed carefully against the effect it will have on ones marriage.

I must consider my partner's needs as well as my own. 
Time is a precious and limited resource that God has given to us as a couple.  
My husband has a large stake in any decision we make
 concerning how we will spend our hours, 
because every choice has important ramifications for us both.  
Not only can too much time apart erode the unity of a marriage,
it can deprive a spouse of legitimate needs such as time together, 
help around the house, or break from the kids.

I have been thinking about my spouse's interests before chasing mine, 
after all I was neglecting our time together.  
Now we sit down with each other and analyze the pros and cons 
of our commitments to any activity.  
Sure, a relationship may benefit if one regularly enjoys some time to oneself; 
we just have to remember to count the costs. 
And make sure our mate gets equal personal time!

Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.
Philippians 2:4

Don't forget to Rate My Blog @ Top Mommy Blogs




Pin It button on image hover