Get ideas & inspirations delivered to your inbox. You won't want to miss a thing, so subscribe free to the Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates on the latest projects, shop news, blog tutorials & more. Check out the Project Gallery, Garden, Recipes & Inspirations tabs above, to see what you have missed. Browse through the sidebar for this week's Popular Posts!
**Please note: Some links may be broken, if this happens, please search for the title of a post on the search tab on the right while I work on fixing the problem.---->

Flower Pot Makeover

Flower Pot Makeover

This year I decided to plant lavender in a clay pot, but did not want the 
typical brick looking clay planter for the interior of the house.
So I dressed it up.  Here is what I did.

painted flower pot

Supplies:
clay planter 
craft paint 
paint brush
spray paint
lace ribbon
and Mod Podge

I primed the clay pot with craft paint even though it didn't need it.
Then I painted the pot with a hammered affect spray paint, this gives it a sheen and hammered metal look.
After it dried, I brushed on Mod-Podge to stick two layers of lace ribbon on the planter.
I brushed the lace over the pot and brushed more Mod Podge.
When the glue was dry, I sprayed the entire planter to unify the look.
painted planter
laced flower pot
flower box makeover
painted flower pot
 Here is how it turned out, I love it!
This was super easy and may I add fast, not to mention all for only $8, can't beat that.

DIY flower pot makeover
lace on flower pot
Inspirations by D
I added the lavender by filling the pot with gardening soil
and topping it with a sprinkle of organic bone meal.
Now it sits by a very sunny window.
See my other flower pot ideas here.
Do you have favorite plants you wish to bring indoors?

15 comments :

  1. Pinning this!! It's absolutely adorable! Great job!

    New follower from the Fun Friday Blog Hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple, yet so beautiful! I'd love for you to share this on our Outdoor Extravaganza! http://satoridesignforliving.com/2012/05/kitchen-container-potager-outdoor-extravaganza-link-party/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! You have a beautiful blog as well. Love for you to follow back when you get a chance. I look forward to following your blog...

    http://naptimeshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so attractive post! tell me if you wanna follow each others blog! ;)

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello dear,
    maybe you would like to follow each other's blogs with GFC or via bloglovin? or even both?

    wolffashion.blogspot.com

    have a nice day!
    gV

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea :)

    Maybe you would like to follow each other's blogs with GFC?

    Have a great sunday :)

    http://bouquet-defleurs.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My God. This DIY idea is so simple to do, but very attractive ! I'm in love with it ! Have to try do something like that ! Keep going and give us more DIY ideas ! Kiss x


    http://mfashionmyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. So clean, simple and perfect! I love the ribbon, just makes it. Thank you for sharing at Freedom Fridays. Hope you have a marvelous week.
    So enjoying following you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this project D!!! Hope you and your family are having a fantastic holiday weekend!
    xo
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's is beautiful, what a great DIY project. I've never used that type of Mod Podge before, great to see a way to!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely. I'm a modge podge addict so I'm always looking for new ways to use it. Thanks for the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very lovely! Simple and elegant makeover, perfect!
    Stopping by from the Craftastic Competition, thank you for entering.
    -Molly
    www.justalittlecreativity.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very lovely, simple and elegant! Wow I will be making a few because it is such a great project. Just to let you know you Madeline's were features at Sunday's Best Wrap up #41, to grab a feature button! Also hope you share this at Sunday's Best party going on now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very elegant and beautiful... I love it! I like the plants you've chosen as well!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding your thoughts. I read all of your comments and I reply to all one way or another, mostly by email or on your blog. You brighten up my day & for that I thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover