Get ideas & inspirations delivered to your inbox. You won't want to miss a thing, so subscribe free to the Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates on the latest projects, shop news, blog tutorials & more. Check out the Project Gallery, Garden, Recipes & Inspirations tabs above, to see what you have missed. Browse through the sidebar for this week's Popular Posts!
**Please note: Some links may be broken, if this happens, please let me know which post & search for the title of a post on the search tab on the right while I work on fixing the problem.---->

Essential Oils


I know that by now many of you have noticed the essential oils fuss online and now out in the market near you. When I came across the essential oil craze, I was curious about why they were so popular.  I have seen oils in the past, but never knew anyone who used them except for aroma benefits and DIY ideas.  As I dug a little, I met Wellness Advocates and Distributors of a few essential oil companies.  The information that I gathered was pretty interesting, even too good to be true in some cases, so I kept digging.

I noticed that some of my friends were now using these oils as well.  When I asked them why they used them and what were the benefits they shared their experiences with me.  It was not until I received a sample blend that I actually tried these oils.

Please know that not all oils are the same.  You may purchase a $4 bottle at a store and get a pretty cheap version of oil and it will not serve for anything beneficial.  How do I know?  Well, I have tried them and can testify that not all oils are the same and that only a select few are worth your time, health, and money.

As I used the blend (oil mixture) given to me, I began to notice the benefits of the oils.  I was in awe and could not believe how it was working. My bottle was finished and I wanted more for my family. I tried three companies, and now I am down to one.  I have become a full-time member and have begun using many of their products in my home.  I have gotten rid of most of my store-bought products due to the harmful ingredients associated with them.  All you have to do is google the ingredients to any product in your home and you will see how much toxic ingredients they contain.  You may also download the app: Think dirty, shop clean; with this app, you may scan products to learn about their ingredients.  It's no wonder there are more illnesses today than many, many years ago, but I won't get into that right now.  My focus is on providing my family with a healthy alternative and living a healthy lifestyle.

The clean benefit is not the only blessing, but also a financial blessing as well.  You see, at first, I thought this is too expensive for me, there is just no way I will spend that amount on oils, but I did not make a purchase, I made an investment.  I made an investment in our health and in our lives.  I have been blessed to get my money back on my purchase by just sharing the benefits with others that were interested in a healthier version of products. Many do not see the chemicals that we put on our bodies and our children's bodies. The chemicals in products are part of the health problems that people are facing today along with their children. I cannot stress enough how important it is to take care of your bodies and how this may help you.  Simply by boosting your immune system naturally is a great help without chemicals. Not only that, but it has helped me maintain balance, peace of mind, and calmness during times of stress, anxiety.

Right now, I will share just a little of what essential oils are and will continue to share information as I continue with my journey using essential oils.

Essential Oils are nature's volatile aromatic compounds generated within the plant such as shrubs, flowers, trees, roots, bushes, seeds, or another source from which it is extracted through steam distillation, hydro-distillation, or cold-pressed extraction.

The power of essential oil lies in its constituents and their synergy.  Each essential oil is composed of 200- 500 different bio-constituents, which make them very diverse in their effects. No two oils are alike.

Some of the ways that I use Essential Oils below:
 (NOT store-bought):

Inhalation
You may inhale the essential oils right from the bottle or with a diffuser.  You will gain their health benefits simply by breathing in their aromatic scents.

Topically
You may apply essential oils anywhere to your exterior body, (not in your eyes or in your ears). Dilute the essential oils with a fatty oil such as coconut oil, V-6, Enhanced vegetable oil complex, olive oil, etc..It is not recommended to apply citrus oils to your skin if you will be exposed to the sun.

For more information on the chemistry and uses of essential oils from Young Living, I recommend visiting their website. If you want to become a member of the Young Living community, please Click Here for more information.

If you have any questions for me, please do not hesitate to contact me.  I will be more than happy to assist you. 






Pin It button on image hover