Get ideas & inspirations delivered to your inbox. You won't want to miss a thing, so subscribe free to the Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates on the latest projects, shop news, blog tutorials & more. Check out the Project Gallery, Garden, Eat & Inspirations tabs above, to see what you have missed. Browse through the sidebar for this week's Popular Posts!
**Please note: Some links may be broken, if this happens, please search for the title of a post on the search tab on the right while I work on fixing the problem.---->

How to Make Homemade Lip Balm

How to Make Homemade Lip Balm
Do you often get chapped or dry lips?
Don't reach for store bought products containing parabens and petroleum.
Mineral oils and additives dry out sensitive skin,
they are temporarily soothing, but in the end,
dry out the skin, leaving you needing more and more of the product to keep lips moisturized.
Instead mix up your own recipe at home.  It can also make a nice little gift.

I will share a basic balm recipe and you may customize it to meet your own needs.  This recipe makes about 2 oz. (8-- 1/4oz. containers)

Ingredients:

  • 1 oz. (1 tablespoon) Sweet Almond Oil (optional)
  • 1 oz. (1 tablespoon) Coconut oil 
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon of beeswax- melted measure
  • 1Vitamin E capsule 
  • 4 drops of lip balm flavoring or any of the following essential oils, sweet orange or peppermint (do not use fragrance oils)
You can find the ingredients at any cosmetic supply store or order online. Here are some links:

BEESWAX PELLETS YELLOW 2-LB

Almond Sweet 100% Pure Oil - 2oz

Melt oils (except vitamin E), and wax together over low medium heat.
Remove from heat and add Vitamin E ,
add flavoring/ essential oil and blend well.
Pour into lip balm containers.
Makes about 8- 1/4 oz. containers.

 Tip:
To add color to your balm, add a small piece of inexpensive lipstick to the mix.

Hope you enjoy your new lip balm!

19 comments :

  1. You sure are creative! Another great idea!!! Thanks much!! Definitely have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to make this for ages, only I don´t know how to get those small containers. Shipping from etsy is no option, as I´m living here in Germany. Does anyone have ideas on what containers to use alternatively?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great - I found you through Friday Follow and am your newest follower - would love a follow back at:

    http://fionadesigns.blogspot.com/

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that never knew one can make it themselves. What a great idea because I know for me I use lip balm all through out the year. I use the bees wax I like how it feels it's not thick like most lip balms..thank your for sharing now I can make my own .

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great- and would make great favors for a wedding of baby shower! Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love ideas like this - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i just found your follow me post and have joined. i like your site thus far.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your receipe. Love this.

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! Most lip balms make my lips even drier than before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea! I think i am going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for this - I bought some supplies for last Xmas and ran out of time. Timely reminder for this year. And I now know of a local honey and beeswax supplier .... so it makes it a low mile product. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this. Thanks for sharing, I can't tell you how much lip balm we go through in the winter and even the summer too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea. I'm starting to dabble in making some of my own cosmetics, so this information is timely for me. Stopping by from Blog Frog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm new to your blog, found you through BF.
    This is great! One question...where do you find all the supplies for this??

    ReplyDelete
  15. sounds like an interesting project... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding your thoughts. I read all of your comments and I reply to all one way or another, mostly by email or on your blog. You brighten up my day & for that I thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover