Get ideas & inspirations delivered to your inbox. You won't want to miss a thing, so subscribe free to the Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates on the latest projects, shop news, blog tutorials & more. Check out the Project Gallery, Garden, Eat & Inspirations tabs above, to see what you have missed. Browse through the sidebar for this week's Popular Posts!
**Please note: Some links may be broken, if this happens, please search for the title of a post on the search tab on the right while I work on fixing the problem.---->

How to Make Soap

How to Make Soap


There are plenty of soaps out in the market, but wouldn't it be fun to make them at home with your kiddos or even to make some for the Holidays and hand them out as gifts.  Soap making is a long process and can even be dangerous at times, but this is a simple, easy and safe way to make soap at home with your kids.

 

To make this at home, you will need the following:

  • Glycerin soap/ blocks, clear or white (this only works with glycerin soap so please do not use a substitute.)
  • Soap dye your choice of color
  • Soap molds
  • Microwave safe liquid measuring cup
  • Spoon
  • Stick (Popsicle or stirrer)
  • Knife (adult handle only) 

To Make it:

  • If you use a bar of soap, cut into three pieces.  If you use glycerin blocks, cut off 2-3 pieces.
  • Put glycerin soap into a measuring cup, microwave according to package directions (or 20 seconds), then in 10 second intervals until melted.
  • If you want colors, now is the time to add the dye.  Add a few drops of color and stir.  If you want a darker color, add more dye.

  • Slowly pour the liquid soap into the mold.  Set aside to harden for about an hour.
  • If you are going to make more than one color, then rinse out measuring cup and repeat process for other colors.
  • After the soap has completely cooled, pop it out of the molds, if it is difficult, place it in the freezer for about ten minutes.  Now you have your lovely soap.
Hope you enjoy your soap!














13 comments :

  1. Great idea. I'm going to try this when I'm back home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I've been wanting to try soap making for a while, and this looks super simple! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always been interested in soap making. Thank you for sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like such a fun project! Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm....maybe little man and i will try our hands at this for christmas gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing.

    http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey thanks for following, now I'm following you!
    I've always wanted to make soap, and surprisingly it doesn't seem too hard. Great molds out there to use also!

    Can't wait to follow!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  8. We homeschool at our house and I've been trying to think of a cool project that me and the kids could do together that was educational and also fun. I think we'll try this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wanted to let you know that I am your new follower! YOu Blog is beautiful by the way!

    www.asomeeficamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a new follower. Thanks loads for the soap recipe. Can't wait to try it. Stop by my place, will ya?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really neat. My sister makes soap and sent me some for my birthday. It's so yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this! Thanks for stopping by! I'm already a follower, glad to be back! =)

    I'm headed to check out your etsy shop! Looks delightful!

    Ember

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great tutorial!!!! and a lovely blog!!!!

    Catarina
    http://nolugarquechamocasa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding your thoughts. I read all of your comments and I reply to all one way or another, mostly by email or on your blog. You brighten up my day & for that I thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover